- The Korean Gerontological Nursing Society established.
- The first spring scientific meeting was held.
- The Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing (JKGN) was first published biannually.
- The official Web page was opened.
- The JKGN was listed in Korean Citation Index.
- The 10th Anniversary International Conference was held.
- The JKGN started to publish 3 issues per year.
- The JKGN online submission system was established.
- The own URL (http://jkgn.org) of the JKGN (English version) was established.
- A workshop on the development of learning objectives of the undergraduate gerontological nursing curriculum was held.
- Joined the Korean Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics.
- The 20th Anniversary International Conference and Ceremony were held.
- The JKGN started to publish 4 issues per year.
- The JKGN was listed in SCOPUS.
- Published a Gerontological Nursing textbook based on the learning objectives developed in 2016.
- Started a research fund support program to promote gerontological nursing research
- Signed MOU with the Korean Gerontological Nurses Association